* I miss my old job a little. I miss knowing where and what everything is. I miss being the go-to person.
* I think speaking French all day is wearing me out more than usual. But is that making my feet and knees hurt? Have I gotten soft?
*Music snippets: “Take me on a trip I want to go somewhere, take me to New York I’d love to see L.A.” “J’ai tant besoin de toi” “You put on quite a show, really had me go-ing” God, I hate R&B!
* I’m feeling better about this than I was yesterday. That’s a good sign.
* Why are my hands melting the chocolate? I’m cold-hands girl! I’ve forgotten how hot a kitchen can get. Thankful I’m not working in the room with the ovens.
* Seriously, a whole hour for lunch? What am I supposed to do with all this time? I never thought I’d hear myself say this, but I think I’d rather skip it and go home at 2:00. Most people, it seems, wolf down some Macdo and then take a nap. Wouldn’t you rather nap on your own couch or bed instead of a table at work?
* Le Patron thinks it’s bizarre that my French social security number begins with an 8. He explains that there are two numbers he has seen, one for men and one for women. He concludes that I must be an extraterrestrial. Personally, I think it makes perfect sense: if you’re not French, you may as well be an extraterrestrial as far as the sécu is concerned.
* Feeling proud of myself after lifting huge pot filled with 10-liter batch of pastry cream and pouring it out without either spilling OR burning myself!
* I need to start bringing a notebook and pen to work.
* (Stopping at the grocery store on the way home) Oooooh! Nectarines are on sale, and they smell great!
* Remember last week, when I was blogging from the park? That was lovely.